Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

October is Your Month for Better Sex!

With the kick-off of YourTango's "31 Day Better Sex Life Challenge", it's time to take a good look at our love lives and make some change for the better!

A panel of sex and relationship experts have come up with helpful daily challenges and three daily "action steps" to work towards better sex. Topics to be covered include:

• how to keep your sex life alive when you have kids
• how to plan for intimacy instead of waiting for it to spontaneously occur
• how you can reap the deeper health and beauty benefits of sex
• how to help your guy if he struggles with sexual dysfunction
• tips for creating a sexy new you
• how to get your partner in the mood

Day One gets us started with a bit of work defining our goals. The action steps for day one are to commit to the challenge, make a list of the three areas most in need of work and change, and to keep in mind the goal of extending the challenge beyond October by leaving reminders and hints (on calenders, in journals, on sticky notes on the fridge!) of all the new things we learn along the way!

So, without further adieu, here is my list of three things I want to work on improving in my primary sexual relationship!

1. Frequency: this is directly related to my own level of desire and how comfortable I feel initiating sex.

2. Kink: I want to spend more of our sexy time exploring our kinks and playing with our toys. Powerplay is a big turn on for me and we rarely take the time to plan and execute this kind of complex scene.

3. Communication: We both struggle, but my husband especially, with being able to communicate effectively before or during sex. It is important for me to know what he wants and how he wants it!

No comments:

Post a Comment