Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

If I Were A Boy

I just heard this Beyonce song for the very first time. "If I were a boy even just for a day,
I'd roll out of bed in the morning and throw on what I wanted and go drink beer with the guys, and chase after girls. I'd kick it with who I wanted and I'd never get confronted for it 'cause they stick up for me."

I just have to say that my feelings go out to any women out there who feel that their gender somehow prevents them from wearing whatever they want and drinking what they want and flirting with other women and having genuine, trustworthy friends.

But being a woman who does what she wants, wears what she wants, drinks what she wants, fucks who she wants and chills with who she wants.... well, I'm having a hard time believing it. Blaming womanhood for keeping you down is being a sexist, as far as I'm concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment