Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

World of Webcam

I am a live webcam model. You may have a lot of different ideas about what this actually means for me, so let me set the record straight.

I wasn't abused as a child, I am sexually responsible with my health and emotions and those of my partners. I am in a committed, long-term relationship and my husband is not only aware but very supportive of my work. When I was younger, I would cam2cam with men for free, because I was horny and curious and the internet was this wonderful, new and amazing thing. I still cam because I'm horny and curious, because it's fun - but if you can do something fun and get paid for it, why not?

I work from home (it's awesome!) and camming is not my sole source of income - I am also a freelance admin professional and writer. Sometimes I have my own office with a desk and a couch and proper seating too. Sometimes my computer is perched on a shelf at the foot of my bed and I spend most of my day lounging. Because we are entrepreneurs, my partner and I enjoy quite a bit of travel and don't mind relocating just for the fun of it. We can go anywhere the internet can take us!

I don't usually "troll", a term that can be confusing because it is also used to refer to folks, like the legendary trolls of fairy tales, who enjoy sitting around waiting for newbies to traipse on by and then pounce on them like big, hairy jerks. The term in the adult industry actually refers to the fishing term, trolling - as in, dropping my line and sailing on by, waiting for a bite.

Sometimes webcam and phonesex artists (I used to do phonesex in college, so this isn't my first foray into the adult industry) will hang out in free chat rooms, trying to convince guys to pay for a private show. I find that I make more money working for prepaid bulk time websites and advertising myself on craigslist and other such venues.

I do own quite a bit of lingerie, or at least my collection is beginning to grow. I don't own enough shoes, yet and that's something I'm working on. I have a nice collection of toys that I am also expanding, including a home-built fucking machine that the guys just love. I'll post more on that beauty later.

All in all, I love what I do. Sometimes guys will try to make me feel guilty or slutty because of my choice, but those are usually the guys who can't afford my time. I don't let it get to me and if it ever does, I have a very supportive partner to help me deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment